Azure DevOps MigrationMigrate from TFS to Azure DevOps and improve code, team and business performance
Adopting a cloud solution for development and project planning/management brings many benefits; higher resilience, lower management costs and instant scalability, to name a few. But what if you’re currently using Team Foundation Server (TFS) and are unsure how to migrate Azure DevOps? Don’t worry, you’re not alone; at a major Developer conference in early 2020, over 80% of people said they didn’t know how to move from on-premise TFS to Azure.
Why migrate to Azure DevOps?
- Improve service levels: Higher resilience and auto-scaling deliver a better user experience.
- Focus on your code: Servers don’t need to be managed and upgraded, giving you time back.
- Reduce managements costs: No more TFS patching and upgrades to pay for.
You can also…
- Future proof: Connect your Dev Environment to new resources and services in the cloud (e.g. Azure Logging Analyser, Cognitive Services, Visualisation, Machine Learning, Big Data etc.).
- Collaborate more effectively: Make the most of Azure Repos, Azure Pipelines, Azure Boards, Azure Test, Azure Artifacts.
- Integrate: Add in popular tools such as Campfire, Slack, Trello, UserVoice, or even create your own customisable extension.
If you’re in that 80% and want to modernise your development process, our TFS to Azure DevOps migration service is for you.
Migrating from TFS to Azure DevOps can be complex. For example, ensuring the history of your projects are retained, so that you can either rollback to previous versions. Or, at the very least, having a clearly documented project history of changes made.
Benefits of working with Cloud Know How:
- Save time: Focus on your business rather than burning time working out the best way to run the migration and then implementing it.
- Certified Engineers: You’ll work with experienced and certified specialists who live and breathe Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge transfer: Your Development team will take part in an interactive handover session that’s backed up with detailed documentation.
- Discounted support: All migration customers are eligible for a 20% discount on training, health checks and Business Plus / Enterprise levels of our Azure Resource Management service when agreed at the same time as the migration.
How our TFS to Azure DevOps migration works
Scoping: Our certified Engineers conduct a detailed scoping exercise to fully understand your TFS development environment and unique requirements.
Upgrade to TFS 2019: To move to Azure, your TFS environment needs to be upgraded. We’ll take care of this for you. We’ll also advise on the best way of resolving any issues discovered during the process.
Azure set up: We’ll fully set up your Azure Dev environment. All customisations will be documented and discussed so you know exactly how things work.
Copy moved to Azure: We take a copy of your Dev environment and move it to Azure.
Test and test again: We test the new Azure Dev environment and adjust as required. When all tests have been completed successfully, we pass the environment to you for internal testing and sign-off.
Code freeze and move: A code-freeze is put in place on your live environment and the code base is moved to Azure.
Re-test: Everything is re-tested when in live and our Engineers will handle any immediate issues to ensure you are fully operational.
Support: Our team will be on-hand to remedy any issues resulting from the migration.
There are two migration options available – off-the-shelf and bespoke. We’ll discuss the best option for you on a pre-liminary scoping call with our technical-lead.
- Standard Azure Development environment set up
- Migration to take a maximum of five working days
- Delivered remotely*
- Project period typically within 10 working days (end to end)
- Up to 10 users and 20 standard projects and history
- Project anticipated to take a minimum 5 working days
- Bespoke Azure Development environment set up
- Delivered remotely*
- Project period typically within 15 working days (end to end)
*Migrations can be delivered on-site. Out of pocket expenses will be re-charged.
Build your perfect migration with these recommended add-ons. They’re all delivered by our Microsoft-certified specialists.
Azure Health Checks
These periodic health checks will ensure you get the most from your new Azure environment. We’ll identify the resources you’re utilising and make recommendations based upon Microsoft best practice and our real-world experience.
Azure Cost Analysis
Decades of licensing experience, and analytics tools within Azure, enable our team to assess your existing Azure subscription model and recommended changes that will save you money without compromising on levels of service.
Azure Resource Management
Our Azure Resource Management service gives you pro-active monitoring, assessment and the appropriate interventions across all your Azure resources.